We will always respect the privacy of individuals who browse our website and leave contact details with us. Please read it carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you and how we will use that data.
This policy applies to information we collect about :
- Visitors to our website and
- People who register for our services and/or do business with us
Coventry Family History Society does not track your activity as an individual.
Contacting Coventry Family History Society – information we collect about you
We regard our visitors’ privacy as being of the utmost importance. We require only the following personal information:
- email address
- Telephone number
Additionally, for members of the society, we store addresses and add a membership number. Any information you submit to us, either through this website or through any other means such as email, telephone or letter, will be regarded as confidential and be subject to the General Data Protection Regulations as set by Government Legislation. This information will not be passed to any 3rd party without your express prior permission. We gather the information to allow us to process your membership registration, process any requests for services or orders for products you might make, provide the services or deliver the goods requested. The relevant information is only used by us to provide you with subscription renewals, to dispatch your journal, or to contact you on any matter relating to the above in general. Any such information will be stored and/or disposed of in accordance with the statutory General Data Protection Regulations.
When you contact us through any contact form on the site or using our email address:
- we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information and to protect your details against third party access or modification. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with any other organisations. You should be aware though that the use of the internet is not entirely secure. For this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of your personal information, which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
- we provide you with mechanisms to amend your details as retained by us, or remove them from our database.
- we allow you to specify the level of future contact that you will receive from Coventry Family History Society and we will respect your wishes.
Accessing Your Information and updating and correcting it
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of this information, please use our contact form. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, such as a change in your postal or email addresses, or if you do not wish to renew membership, please let us know by using our contact form. You can also request us to correct or remove inaccurate information.
By submitting your personal information to us you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. We keep our policy under review and if we change it we will post the changes on our website and give notice as appropriate, so that you will become aware of the information we collect, and how it is used.
This website is powered by WordPress. Any cookies that are used are only to ensure proper running. They are not used for tracking purposes but just to hold site information for the duration of your browsing session.
We use Google Analytics to provide statistics on website traffic – see below for the Google explanation.
We do not use 3rd Party / Tracking / Advertising cookies.
If you do not know what cookies are or would like more information, this BBC article provides a simple explanation. The organisation AboutCookies.org provides further information, including how to delete cookies in your browser.
Google Analytics “small print”