Eastern Green Past & Present – Tile Hill Wood School – Memories
Interviews with ex- pupils and teachers from Tile Hill School for Girls.
Out of stock
It was originally intended to produce one book about the two secondary schools that serve Eastern Green, The Woodlands School for boys opened in 1954 and Tile Hill Wood School for the girls in 1957. They adopted the principles of the comprehensive system of education to give equal opportunities to all abilities. The contents would cover the history of the site, the post war expansion of the area leading to the need for more schools and interviews with ex- pupils and teachers. However, as the book expanded it was realised that it would have to be separated into two companion volumes, each featuring a single school. An early decision was made not to interview anyone who became a pupil at either school after the year 2000.